Massive Tone For The Masses
It’s been an extraordinary year since the launch of the Microtubes 900 in 2016.
Darkglass Electronics’ goal for this very first amp was to develop a unique bass amplifier with no compromises – distinctive sonic characteristics, unparalleled flexibility, ludicrously powerful and a beautiful design. The strategy was to have a high performance, high value creation that bassists around the world could desire and aspire to own.
The bass amplifier world is the most established segment in the industry. So it was an audacious step for the company to compete by launching an amp, all while maintaining the characteristics that have made Darkglass Electronics a renowned brand around the world. Most thought the Microtubes 900 was the culmination of a master plan, when in reality it was only the first step.
Thousands of units later, plus some tricks learned and Darkglass is ready for step two – bringing the same tone, flexibility, design plus a few new features to the masses.
It’s our pleasure to introduce the Microtubes 500.
At 500 Watts RMS and in a more compact and lighter format, the Microtubes 500 is a more affordable option for bass players that don’t require the sheer power the Microtubes 900 offers, all while maintaining the same tone, flexibility and quality design of its predecessor.
- Dual Microtubes Engine: powered by B3K and VMT
- Clean, B3K and VMT channels can be selected from front panel or by optional footswitch
- Gain and Master controls for the Clean channel
- 4 Band Active Equalizer
- Two-way Mid Frequency switches for Lo and Hi Mid controls
- XLR Direct Output (pre/post preamp, but unaffected by Master Volume)
- Effects Loop (unaffected by master volume)
- Headphone Output for silent practice (6.35mm)
- Speakon/Combo-Jack speaker connections
- 500W RMS@ 4Ω (min load)
Available: Early October 2017
Authorised ADG dealers can visit the ADG Hub dealer portal for additional information, product pictures, webtexts etc.