EarthQuaker Devices is launching a brand new pedal, the Pyramids – Stereo Flanging Device today.
Built upon the same proprietary DSP architecture as the smash-hit Avalanche Run, Pyramids is a Stereo Flanging Device with five user-definable presets (a first for any EarthQuaker Devices pedal!), eight flanger modes, tap tempo, tap subdivision via the Rate & Tap mini-toggle, a multifunction Modify control, positive and negative feedback, and a variable Mix control, which is something you don’t see on a flanger every day.
Pyramids “Activate” foot-switch features EarthQuaker Devices’ exclusive Flexi-Switch™ technology. This relay-based true-bypass switching platform allows for momentary or latching operation, making it easier than ever to engage the effect to bedazzle individual notes or phrases! For standard latching operation, tap the foot-switch to activate the effect and tap again to bypass. For momentary operation, simply hold down the foot-switch for as long as you’d like to use the effect. Release the foot-switch to bypass.
Pyramids eight flanger modes are:
- Classic: delivers the “classic” (duh) jet-plane liquid-silk flanging sound we all know and love. In this mode, Pyramids recreates the studio-quality sounds of old-school ADT (automatic double tracking) as heard on timeless recordings by those fabulous mop-tops from England (you know which ones) and on the most ripping double-tracked riffs to come from the New Wave of British Heavy Metal.
- Through-Zero: provides authentic tape-style flanging without all the calibration, biasing, demagnetising of heads, and so on that a real tape machine – two of ‘em, actually – requires. Use Through-Zero Mode to achieve intensified, swirling, dramatic phase cancellation and comb-filtering effects in stereo!
- Barber Pole (Up or Down): infinitely sweeping upward or downward flanging effect with no discernible beginning, middle, or end creating an “endless circular staircase” effect derived from the Shephard Tone auditory illusion popularised in television, video games, and film.
- Trigger (Up or Down): In this mode, Pyramids provides an infinitely upward or downward sweeping flanger that restarts the flange cycle with each new pick attack or by pressing the Tap/Trigger foot-switch.
- Step: sweeps up and down in stepped increments, producing a rhythmic flange effect similar to an arpeggiator and/or sequencer on a synth instrument.
- Random: sweeps up and down in random intervals, creating a chaotic flange effect similar to a synthesizer or envelope filter’s “sample & hold” function
To accommodate any input source, Pyramids includes stereo input and outputs which allow for a variety of routing options onstage or in the studio.
Routing possibilities include: Mono in / Mono out – Mono in / Stereo out – Stereo in / Stereo out. In addition, Pyramids’ Trigger Up/Down modes allow for Side Chain Flanging, in which an external control source (drum machine, sequencer, CV) may be used to trigger the flanger while you play another instrument! In this configuration, the primary instrument is routed through the Right Input and Right Output while the control source is patched into the Left Input. Also, Pyramids’ Manual control may be modulated in all modes via expression pedal (sold separately).
- True stereo flanging device with 8 Flanger modes
- Five user-definable presets
- Tap tempo and tap subdivisions
- Flexi-switch for latch and momentary operation
- True bypass – silent soft-touch switching with all-analog dry signal path
- Stereo I/O and top mounted jacks
- Expression and CV connectivity – ideal for both guitar and synth use
Authorised ADG dealers can visit the ADG Hub dealer portal for additional information, product pictures, webtexts etc.