EarthQuaker Deviced Aurelius
The Aurelius is not your run of the mill chorus pedal. This compact, beautifully cased wonder is a three mode chorus with six programmable presets and an expression control. Inspired by the 1970s CE-1 Chorus Ensemble pedal, this digital unit has been tirelessly tweaked and fine-tuned to give you an all-encompassing chorus and vibrato experience like nothing else.
Choose from Vibrato, Chorus and Rotary mode and manipulate their Width, Rate and Balance to achieve your ideal sound. Shift seamlessly from one mode to another to cop a blend that is all your own. Just one simple tap of the Preset (Save/Recall) and you can summon up to six settings of your choosing at will.
- Tri-voice Chorus/Vibrato/Rotary Speaker Emulation effects pedal
- Inspired by the vintage 1970s CE-1 Chorus Ensemble pedal and the 1940s Leslie rotating baffle speaker system
- 3 effects modes
- V – traditional chorus/vibrato effect with triangle LFO modulating a short delay line
- C – blend of chorus and flanger with more warmth and slower rates and a sine wave LFO
- R – Rotary Chorus effect modeled after the sound of a Leslie speaker cabinet – combines both amplitude and frequency modulation for a doppler effect
- 2 modes of operation:
- Live Mode – Green LED- pedal will operate exactly where the controls are set, any changes will have no effect on the presets unless saved
- Preset Mode – red LED – recalls stored settings for each control, actual control settings will be ignored
- 6 easily user-editable and accessible preset slots
- Silent soft-touch relais-based switching with True Bypass
- Flexi-Switch Technology for latching and momentary operation
- EXP jack expression pedal or Voltage control pedal control over any parameter
- All-analog dry signal path and digital effect signal path
- Made in Akron, Ohio, USA
- Powered by regular 9 V DC PSU
(centre -, 2,1 mm, 75 mA current draw)
Welcome, fellow frequency chaser! Kudos to you for referring to the official manual of this majestic Device rather than diving into its powers blindly. Or equally likely, traveling down a YouTube pedal demo rabbit hole where you eventually find yourself watching a tutorial on how to make gnocchi from scratch at 3am. We can tell you’re a true tone aficionado, which is why we’re going to be straight with you: you’re about to embark on a magical journey with this mighty Aurelius pedal in front of you.
You see, this is not simply your run of the mill chorus pedal. This compact, beautifully cased wonder is a three-mode chorus with six programmable presets and an expression control. Choose from Vibrato (V) Mode, Chorus (C) Mode, and Rotary (R) Mode and manipulate their Width, Rate, and Balance to achieve your ideal sound.
Shift seamlessly from one mode to another to cop a blend that is all your own. Just one simple tap of the Preset (“Save/Recall”) switch and you can summon up to six settings of your choosing at will. Feeling pretty powerful now, aren’t you?
Inspired by the 1970s CE-1 Chorus Ensemble pedal, this digital unit has been tirelessly tweaked and fine-tuned to give you an all-encompassing chorus and vibrato experience like nothing else. We even took it way back to the 1940s and the advent of the Leslie speaker to boldly capture the sound of its rotating baffle system for the Rotary mode. We studied the way that the horn and the rotor moved on Leslie speakers and emulated the phasing and speeds of the low frequency oscillator, but we exaggerated the hell out of them to make it sonically suitable for guitar, bass or your instrument of choice.
And by popular demand, like many of our pedals, we’ve equipped this with an expression control so you can use any TRS expression pedal to manipulate the Width, Rate or Balance. Put it in the Vibrato mode and you’ll have a really subtle chorus with a seasick vibrato and alternate quickly between the two seamlessly. And that’s only just one mode. The possibilities are endless. Think about it.
This compact world of chorus in a box will fit on any pedalboard and is so intuitive and easy to use that you most likely won’t have to refer to this manual ever again. So, if we don’t see you back here, it’s been a pleasure and good luck with the gnocchi.
Each and every Aurelius is hand crafted in Akron, Ohio, USA and is inspected by the spirit of speaker innovator Donald Leslie.
Authorised ADG dealers can visit the ADG Hub dealer portal for additional information, product pictures, webtexts etc.