EarthQuaker Devices Blumes
Low Signal Shredder
The Blumes is an overdrive based on the Plumes circuit that is ideal for bass players and all purveyors of low-end. While embodying the key characteristics and features of the Plumes, we went ahead and modified this circuit with double the gain and a deeper bass response to retain all the low end.
At lower gain settings, you’ll get all of the crunchy tone you love about the original, but once you get above noon on the Gain control, that’s where the similarities stop.
- Bass overdrive effects pedal
- Based on a modified Plumes circuit – a unique approach to a classic tube-like overdrive circuit
- Deep bass response
- Twice as much gain as the Plumes
- Features 3 different clipping options:
- symmetrical LED
- asymmetrical silicon
- no diode OpAmp drive
- Operates off internal bipolar power for more headroom and signal integrity
- All-analog signal path
- Flexi-Switch™ Technology – allows for momentary and traditional latching-style switching from a single footswitch
- Silent soft-touch switching with True Bypass
- Powered by regular 9 V DC PSU
(centre -, 2.1 mm, ~25 mA current draw)
This all-analog tri-mode overdrive with soft clipping carries the torch of the classic screamer circuit but has a voice all its own. And thanks to its +/- power supply it utilizes bipolar power, which gives you more dynamics, clarity, and all the headroom you could ever desire. The end result is a more three-dimensional tone with added clarity that really pushes a nice tube amp over the edge.
And much like the Plumes, this pedal offers three different clipping options for your desired low end face melting needs.
The Blumes features EarthQuaker Devices relay-based “soft touch” Flexi-Switch™ Technology for both momentary and latching footswitch operation as well as a very low 25mA current draw.
Each and every Blumes is built one-at-a-time by delightful little hands in Akron, Ohio; the charred, black heart in the heart of it all…
Authorised ADG dealers can visit the ADG Hub dealer portal for additional information, product pictures, webtexts etc.