EarthQuaker Devices The Wave Transformer
Transfiguration Oscillator Eurorack Module
The Wave Transformer is a complex single oscillator with 7 audio outputs. Its method of wave shaping differs from other complex oscillators in that it is not based upon classic wave folding such as is common in West Coast synthesis, or filtration such as is common in East Coast synthesis.
- Oscillator Eurorack Module
- 100% Analogue Circuit
- Over 8 octaves of pitch tracking starting from A-1 (13.75Hz), covering more than the full range of a traditional piano keyboard
- 7 simultaneous waveform outputs.
- Dedicated attenuators/attenu-verters for each CV input
- Exponential and Linear Frequency Modulation inputs.
- Hard and soft sync inputs
- Pulse width control between 0% and 100%.
- Fixed -1 octave 25% duty cycle sub-octave pulse output
- Sub Square output switchable between 1 and 2 octaves down
- Complex Source Mute switch allows simultaneous control of volume and timbre up to audio rates via the Transform CV input.
- Reverse Voltage Protection
- Over-current protection on all outputs
- Skiff friendly – protrudes less than 25.4 mm behind the panel with the power header installed
- Width: 20HP
- Current Draw: 90 mA max from the +12v rail, 90 mA max from the -12v rail
- Standard 10-pin Eurorack power connector with a marking to notate the negative pins
Available and shipping: Now
This analog, vintage-voiced, voltage-controlled oscillator features over 8 octaves of accurate pitch tracking. Its 7 simultaneous wave outputs include a unique Complex output. This strange and novel output varies between a simple waveform (triangle, unless you patch a signal into the Shape Insert jack) and a complex transformation of the harmonic structure of the original waveform. It contains a unique mixture of the fundamental frequency, odd order harmonics, even order harmonics and subharmonics.
The Sub Octave panel control will determine whether the sub harmonics are derived from one octave down, two octaves down, or are muted altogether. It will vary from a simple waveform to a silhouette of your cat watching you as you react to a “present” that it left for you on the counter. No, seriously.
The module’s Transform control morphs from a basic waveform through many strange iterations into a complex, gnarled mass of audio mutations at the Complex output using an asymmetrical multi-differential audio transmutation circuit. You can yield countless variations on these permutations by combining this novel circuit with Hard Sync, Soft Sync, Linear FM and Exponential FM.
Additionally, you can mute the source waveform to use the circuit as a harmonic gate/VCA, rendering the Wave Transformer a voice unto itself
If that is not enough, there is a Shape Insert that allows you to transform external oscillations and modular-level audio sources.
Authorised ADG dealers can visit the ADG Hub dealer portal for additional information, product pictures, webtexts etc.