Soft And Hard Clipping Overdrive
Clipping = Distortion, and for many years players have only been offered two clipping choices: Soft-Clipped or Hard-Clipped.
Soft-Clipped pedals such as Tube Screamers, Fulldrive2, OD-1, etc, get their distortion by using diodes placed in the feedback loop of their Op-amps. This type of clipping produces a cleaner, more compressed, low-to-medium gained Overdrive sound.
The other choice are Hard-Clipped pedals like the RAT, Distortion+, Boss DS-1, etc. These pedals create distortion using diodes tied to ground or, unique to the Fulltone OCDv2, Mosfets that are tied to the half-way point between 9 volts and ground, offering a more natural sounding distortion, which resembles the sag or feel of an amp’s tube rectifier.
The original PlimSoul is the only pedal to offer both Soft & Hard clipping with separate control over each. I designed the PlimSoul’s unique, independent dual-stage clipping circuit to replicate not only the sound, but the feel of a tube amp with its subtleties and complexities, resulting in my being granted U.S.Patent # 8471136.
The Fulltone PlimSoul mkII is Hand-Built in the U.S.A. using top-notch, full size components, many of which are designed by and exclusively for Fulltone.
- Dual Stage Overdrive pedal with independent Soft- and Hard-Clipping Stages
- Hard Clipping circuit using two Germanium diodes for symmetrical hard clipping with aggressive, punchy gain
- Soft Clipping circuit for extremely asymmetrical soft clipping with low-to-medium gain
- Infinite overdrive combinations
- Increased input impedance increased of 1.1 Megaohms – for even better interaction with guitar’s Volume knob
- Passive Hi-Cut Treble control
- 3-position Bass switch
- True Bypass via Fulltone’s 3PDT footswitch
- 100% hand-built in the USA
- Powered by 9-18 V DC PSU
(centre -, 2,1 mm)
Authorised ADG dealers can visit the ADG Hub dealer portal for additional information, product pictures, webtexts etc.