ASABI – Mateus Asato Signature Overdrive/Distortion
LARGE MOUSE – Replacement ‘RAT’ Drive Module for ASABI
Developed with Mateus Asato, one of the predominant guitar voices of today, the ASABI Modular Distortion/Overdrive pedal had a two-year development process. Every detail was painstakingly refined to ensure that both the Distortion and Overdrive channels would work together, to perfectly recreate the soulful overdrive and the liquid high-gain tones that legendary guitarist Mateus Asato is known for.
Incorporating the Jackson Audio signature modern-day control features such as Clipping Styles, a 3-band Active EQ for maxing out the pedal’s tonal flexibility, their innovative GAIN CYCLE circuit and full MIDI control and the result is undoubtedly one of the most versatile platforms for drive tones ever created.
In addition, Jackson Audio has developed the technology to create replaceable distortion modules for ASABI – analog circuit boards that can be easily swapped out to fundamentally change the tonal direction of the pedal. Dead simple to install, these affordable modules allow you to buy the pedal once and update it with new modules all the time.
The MODERN HIGH GAIN module that ships with the ASABI is based on the venerable Marshall JCM800 and delivers true Marshall “Amp In a Box Distortion” at any volume. This module gives you a plethora of tones ranging from classic rock to crushing heavy metal.
The LARGE MOUSE module, which can be purchased separately, is based on the legendary ProCo Rat and delivers all the snarl and spit of the original, but with all the Jackson control features you’ve never heard or seen a Rat like this before! To make the LARGE MOUSE even more faithful to the original, Jackson procured the mythical LM308 chip that is used in the most sought-after vintage units!
Adding in a separate ‘Plexi’ voiced Overdrive circuit and incorporating the Jackson Audio signature modern-day control features – such as Clipping Styles, a 3-band Active EQ for maxing out the pedal’s tonal flexibility, their innovative GAIN CYCLE circuit and full MIDI control – the result is undoubtedly one of the most versatile platforms for drive tones ever created.
- Analog Distortion and Overdrive pedal with unique modular and replaceable Distortion board concept
- Installed MODERN HIGH GAIN Distortion module – based on the JCM800 high-gain sound
- Optional LARGE MOUSE Distortion module – based on the legendary ProCo Rat circuits
- Separate Overdrive circuit – based on the smooth Plexi-style tone
- Active 3-band Parametric-EQ – for optimal tone shaping
- MIDI control
- 4 Clipping-Diode Styles for both Distortion and Overdrive circuits, with drastically different sound characteristics
- GAIN CYCLE circuit – for instant gain adjustment in 4 steps
- Small footprint and top-mounted jacks – for ease of pedalboard mounting
- Powered by regular 9 V DC PSU
Available: Early November
Authorised ADG dealers can visit the ADG Hub dealer portal for additional information, product pictures, webtexts etc.
Audio Distribution Group is proud to be the exclusive distribution partner for Jackson Audio in the United Kingdom, Ireland, Scandinavia (Denmark, Sweden and Norway), Finland, Germany, Austria and Italy .