Keeley Electronics Katana Clean Boost – Throwback White
Dual JFET Class A Clean Boost in a new colorway!
The best Katana EVER.
Keeley’s Katana Clean Boost – Throwback is back and better than ever! Keeley Electronics listened to what their players wanted and went back to their roots. The Katana Boost Throwback uses the original JFETs that made the original so special. They used the same component values from the original Katana and updated the Boost mode to offer a more robust, clear sound, giving more clarity to bass notes when engaged. Also, Keeley updated the build with modern construction techniques to make this Katana the most dependable Clean Boost on the market, including an updated aluminum control knob, designed for on-the-fly foot adjustment.
- Clean Boost effect pedal
- Updated version of Keeley’s first pedal design for more robust clear sound and more clarity for bass notes
- Cascading Dual JFET stages for tube-amp-like saturation
- Side-mounted control knob for on-the-fly foot adjustment
- 2 switchable modes via Push/Pull Volume Knob
- Pure Clean – up to 20db of clean boost
- High-Gain – cuts in a bit of gain for up to 30 dB of slightly overdriven tube grit and edge
- Higher power supply voltage rails – step up the internal voltage to 18V for more headroom
- Made in Edmond, USA
- Powered by a regular 9V DC PSU
- (centre -, 2,1 mm, low ~65 mA current draw)
Available: Now, for a short time only!
Want a mirror image of your tone, only louder? Roll the volume knob forward with your foot and you’ll be good to go!
Need even more? The Katana Boost is also a fat, harmonically rich boost, just pull out on the volume knob and push the limits with overdriven tone! You can keep it on all the time to push your amp harder, or as an occasional boost to cut through the mix.
The Katana circuit is Robert Keeley’s first guitar effect design for Keeley Electronics. It was originally designed as part of the Time Machine Boost, but then became an independent product under the Keeley name after the release of the original Keeley Compressor.
It offers two modes, Pure Clean and High Gain
- Pure Clean: With the speed knob Pushed In, think of it as a volume control that goes to 20.
- High Gain: With the speed knob Pulled Out, it’s a cutting boost with a bit of gain. Not quite an overdrive, just overdriven tube grit and edge to your tone. This setting can add up to +30db Boost – It will make your signal sing!
The Katana Clean Boost uses dual FETs for the most tube-like tone in a transistor design. It also features Power Doubling on the inside so you put 9VDC in, and we use a charge pump to nearly double operating voltage!
CAUTION – 9 Volt DC Maximum Input Voltage – DO NOT try to put 18 volts to the unit hoping that the doubler will make it 36VDC!
What do higher power supply voltage rails mean?! -> SUPER CLEAN HIGH-HEADROOM BOOST! Pull the Level knob out to switch -> Tube-like gain!
Authorised ADG dealers can visit the ADG Hub dealer portal for additional information, product pictures, webtexts etc.